Sunday, November 20, 2011

Where did Time go?

I never understood when I was younger, what adults meant by "kids grow up to fast", "time flies", and "how did I get this old?". I UNDERSTAND NOW. Ever since Adelynn was born, I feel like time disappears before I even know what's happened. I'm having a hard time believing that in a couple short months, I will have a two-year-old. What happened???
This said, I'm going to try and remember what has happened in the last two months.
First, Adelynn had a visit to the UNC Children's Dermatology unit for her supposed hemangioma. The doctor we saw is supposed to be "the best of the best" in this area, and I really found him quite comforting and knowledgeable. Jonathan wasn't able to go with because he had class, but the doctor made sure to send me home with notes he wrote down, personally, along with his personal office number in case I should get concerned. The verdict he came to, was he doesn't believe it's a hemangioma, after all. He thinks it is a venus malformation, which is not a life-threatening condition, and the only time it seems to present a problem can be during puberty. It's a cluster of blood vessels and veins that didn't form properly before birth, and presented itself shortly after birth. It will continue to grow with Adelynn as she grows, and we just have to keep an eye on it should it change in any way. When she's a little older, he said an ultrasound or MRI may be necessary to see how deep it goes, and should we choose, we can take steps to have it reduced or removed. So nothing to be super worried about and he put my mind at ease while taking a weight off my shoulders. :)
I've been watching a steady 3 children all week, every week, from 7:30am to 6:30 pm. By that time, I'm feeding my family and then getting a small amount of quality time in before we head to bed to do it all over again the following day. I told Jonathan the other day, I think this job is far more exhausting than any other job I've had in the restaurant. I feel like I pass away for a while at night, only to be revived when Adelynn wakes up or my alarm goes off in the morning. HA. I've also offered services for parents attending Christmas parties and such to earn a little extra money. Things have gotten very tight around here due to unexpected expenses that keep popping up here and there, so I'm doing all I can to boost my income. Jonathan is picking up extra shifts next week to try and earn a little more, too.
On that note, we leave for Florida December 15 or 16 to spend a week at Disney with The Ehlers'/Hendricks' family. We have been saving our pennies for this trip since Adelynn was only a couple months old...and we are STOKED! The kids (Preston and Adelynn) haven't seen each other since they were six months and four months old, so this will be exciting for them now that they can walk, talk, and play together! The pictures will be priceless. :)
Jonathan is still trucking along with school. I'm so proud of him, getting all A's and B's, maintaining a 3.8 gpa, working, and being a great dad. It gets him a little burnt out sometimes, but he keeps going, and it's inspiring! If only I could get back into school... but the darn government says I don't qualify for tuition help... dang. Someday!
We did manage to get our Christmas decor out and up (all but a tree, of course) so the we can enjoy it since we'll be gone for a week of Christmas season. I enjoy them, and I love watching Adelynn's face with all the lights and music. Makes me want to increase our collection of Christmas decorations just to see her little eyes light up...
There wasn't as much to fill in on, but every day is about the same around here lately- BUSY. Hahaha.

Christmas post to follow...

No comments: