Friday, July 8, 2011

VACATION...

Well, I think we have it all planned out... I just have to verify with daycare parents that it won't be a problem that we leave for Michigan on July 28 or 29 in the evening. We are hoping to do some sight-seeing on the way up to MI, so we are going to take our time driving. Not to mention, I know Adelynn will have to get out and run around a bit! I keep asking my mom if she's sure she is ready for this little tornado to invade! I love this munchkin more than life, but my house looks like a tornado ripped it apart every day...and I pick it up every night after her bedtime, knowing that in the morning it will look like I never touched it. HAHAHAHA. We plan on being there about a week, and have a couple things we would like to do while there. Going to the lake is top of the list! I am excited to let Adelynn go in the water and not worry about a jellyfish lurking under water waiting to sting her! (or sharks!) I love the ocean, but those things terrify me! Anyway, I'm excited after the five years since Jonathan and I have been there together. Most of the family hasn't even seen him since the wedding... How time flies!
Let's see...
Adelynn says more words every day. Not that most people would understand, but she's pretty good about pointing to what she's talking about, making it a little more clear what she's referring to. Her latest is something Jonathan taught her. He'd say, "Adelynn......... I love you." Now she says, "Momma........... I nee-nee." And she'll give me a hug. Hahaha. She LOVES bananas, and if I don't have one (Heaven forbid), she doesn't stop asking for one at breakfast. She will sit in her chair and say "NANA" over and over. If we pass by them in Target or somewhere, she lets the whole store know she knows what those are! She says "more", "what's that?", "ju" (for juice), and likes to try and repeat whatever we say. Just now, she asked what that was on the counter. I told her it was a watermelon, so she responded with "Num". :)
Not much else is going on. I didn't have any daycare kids this week, as Abbie was in the mountains with her grandparents. I got a lot of yardwork done yesterday morning. It's too stinking hot in the afternoon to do it, so Adelynn got her outside play time while I mowed, pulled weeds, sprayed for giant spiders and cleaned the garage. Today I need to spread new mulch in the front yard before it rains. This is the crappy part about Jonathan having a broken knee. I have to do the hard work now... BUT it is a good workout!!
Anywho.... I have to go wrestle munchkin and change her... I will try and post a few more pictures later! (during naptime?) HA!

No comments: